Milica Begovic Radojevic
Economy and Environment Team Leader, Knowledge and Innovation specialist
I'm Milica Begovic Radojevic (Millie) and I support Montenegro as it moves towards a low emission market economy in a way that promotes the well being and prosperity of communities, the environment where they live and work, and local economies.
My main areas of expertise:
- Strategic development planning
- Policy analysis for sustainable human development
- Crisis prevention and early recovery
- Knowledge and innovation (social media and new technologies for development)
- United Nations coordination for sustainable development
I design strategic programmes that promote the efficient use of energy and renewable sources of energy and programmes that reduce the risk of disasters, increase the competitiveness of small to medium sized enterprises and support national and local partners with management of protected areas. I also provide policy advice to the Resident Coordinator in the area of sustainable human development, and manage a team of twelve practitioners. Last year, our programme expenditure was $2.5 million.
Some recent achievements
2011-2012 Produced analytical think piece on using social media and new technologies for political risk management, working with the Harvard Medical Centre and the Recorded Future on two prototypes; designed a programme using location-based technology to promote nature based tourism in protected areas; designed an innovation challenge on applying network science to business cluster development; working on UNDP’s first sustainable development crowdsourcing challenge; and working on applying complexity science to development
2010-2011 Designed and coordinated one of three programmes within the United Nations programme, mobilized over $1 million for joint projects and coordinated its functioning with eight United Nations agencies, which received official recognition for effectiveness by the Government of Montenegro.
2010-2011 Designed the first national UN program to reduce the risk of disasters in Montenegro, established official partnership with the Swedish Civil Protection Agency, who seconded a chief technical advisor to the UN and mobilized resources for the programme.
For more details, you are welcome have a look at my profile on LinkedIn or contact me directly:
Check out my CV/resume on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter at: ElaMi5
Partner with us
Are you a grassroots or social innovation organization? A citizen-driven initiative, NGO, or organization working in the development sector? We want to work with you.
Get in touch with us:
- Giulio Quaggiotto, practice leader
- Milica Begovic Radojevic, innovation specialist
- Jura Khrapunov, web developer
- Denisa Papayova, knowledge management specialist
- Zoran Stevanovic, communications advisor
- Peter Serenyi, editorial specialist
- Blythe Fraser, online communications
- Justyna Krol, digital engagement and innovation consultant