In Azerbaijan, especially in rural areas, there exists a very powerful term for women who don’t follow the rules: ‘pis giz’ – or bad girl. For an Azerbaijani woman, being called a pis giz is more than just a gender slur. It can mean the total loss of respect in her community, ineligibility for marriage,… Read more »
Posts Tagged: women’s resource centre
Stay connected with us
- Doeurn Ton on Gender inequality: How much does it affect development in Europe and Central Asia?
- Jaya Ramchandani on Working in development? Here are 6 things not to do on social media
- Stanislav Verjikovskiy on Moldova: Small country, big data?
- Petru Botnaru on Call for applications: Corruption fighters, time to ACT up!
- snabblån on No more “I can’t see the board!”: Modernizing lighting in Kazakhstan schools
- RT @Paulstubbsa: Conference on Inequality at The Institute of Economics, Zagreb 14 September 2015 with @BrankoMilan @UNDPEurasia http://t.co/xWeXTtNuSl →, 5 hours ago
- See how #Turkmenistan is adapting to climate change: http://t.co/CFRKFXpqrn via @UNDP #RoadToParis http://t.co/NAlLNvTQF2 →, 7 hours ago
- RT @UNDP: Unique opportunity for young journalists: contribute to the global debate on #climatechange w/ #Voices2Paris: http://t.co/4r9GsSOH9V #COP21 →, 7 hours ago
- RT @fp2p: Gini #inequality by country - Latin America most unequal continent, but South Africa the worst country https://t.co/Unx3IUDlES →, 7 hours ago
- Are you working on governance issues in #Georgia, #Moldova or #Ukraine? This is for you: http://t.co/jnZTDiMeWI http://t.co/hftuYwkBxN →, 9 hours ago