In Azerbaijan, especially in rural areas, there exists a very powerful term for women who don’t follow the rules: ‘pis giz’ – or bad girl. For an Azerbaijani woman, being called a pis giz is more than just a gender slur. It can mean the total loss of respect in her community, ineligibility for marriage,… Read more »
Posts Tagged: women’s resource centre
Stay connected with us
- Mira Djangaracheva on Towards a sustainable future in Kyrgyzstan
- Begench Yazlyyev on Is most development work invisible?
- i on Mapping NGO based social services in Uzbekistan: the first step towards big changes
- Aquademica on European Equal Pay Day. Why should we care?
- M.Doli on Hacking for transparency in Pristina
- On "frugal #innovation": Turn the end users into creators - @dlab_mit: http://t.co/YRI6akdMNm cc: @UNDP_innovates @gquaggiotto →, 5 hours ago
- RT @UNDP_innovates: Minding the gap: @UNDPGeorgia is taking a page from UK’s #innovation guidebook http://t.co/HFEOIx7mlh #inno4dev @UNDPEurasia →, 5 hours ago
- Re that last tweet, here's the Q: Does #tech fundamentally change what we can achieve in #peacebuilding? http://t.co/nXuMbXyXtQ →, 6 hours ago
- "Einstein was a refugee" Aid industry turning to #innovation & #tech4peace: http://t.co/dNc2H51vq9 ht @mahallae cc: @howtobuildpeace →, 6 hours ago
- RT @AkinciBeryl: The dos and don'ts of social #innovation : http://t.co/rCiGnBilu3 @sivilalan @YGAorgtr Lessons and advice from @UNDPEurasia →, 7 hours ago