In Azerbaijan, especially in rural areas, there exists a very powerful term for women who don’t follow the rules: ‘pis giz’ – or bad girl. For an Azerbaijani woman, being called a pis giz is more than just a gender slur. It can mean the total loss of respect in her community, ineligibility for marriage,… Read more »
Posts Tagged: women’s resource centre
Stay connected with us
- Lucio Valerio on A symbolic change: Time to rebrand justice?
- Ikem Charles Apache on Social innovation labs: Game-changers in developing countries?
- Sherif on Big data and development organizations: What happens when you move from theory to practice?
- elizabeth webb on A world without borders: Optimistic viewpoint or mission impossible?
- Lillian on A symbolic change: Time to rebrand justice?
- MT @UN_WOMEN Moldovan journalists embrace balanced reporting: http://t.co/ECuRCjLDqo #beijing20 cc @UNDPMoldova http://t.co/miNgTCrvSJ →, 7 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoForum: Cost of housing has a lot to do with the inequality in major cities says @HelenClarkUNDP. #GlobalCities2015 →, 9 hours ago
- Brown bag lunch at #istanbulHUB: @rastovrbensky welcomes @EdamOrg's @sinanulgen1 to talk #Turkey's foreign policy http://t.co/geMju5Xvp2 →, 12 hours ago
- RT @UNDPEU: #EU @UNDPMoldova lay the foundation to modern border crossing point btw #Moldova and #Ukraine http://t.co/vDTXXjckT8 http://t.co/2xLG3Ngn1H →, 12 hours ago
- RT @UNDP_Montenegro: And the hype starts now! Open ideas for beautiful #Montenegro #IdejeME http://t.co/KjZq5jn0WX →, 12 hours ago