In Azerbaijan, especially in rural areas, there exists a very powerful term for women who don’t follow the rules: ‘pis giz’ – or bad girl. For an Azerbaijani woman, being called a pis giz is more than just a gender slur. It can mean the total loss of respect in her community, ineligibility for marriage,… Read more »
Posts Tagged: women’s resource centre
Stay connected with us
- Mao Kawada on Phone-charging shoes? Toto, we’re not in Kansas anymore
- Fahim Zada on Big data and development organizations: What happens when you move from theory to practice?
- Michael on Infographics: Gender-based violence in Uzbekistan
- syed zahid hussain on Working in development? Here are 6 things not to do on social media
- ahmed omar on Big data and development organizations: What happens when you move from theory to practice?
- [Next stop @Toastmasters?] UNDP colleagues in #Tajikistan are bringing the oratory skills http://t.co/wkJUYnXedQ →, 26 mins ago
- More good news coming from #Cyprus negotiations: check out the statement by @EspenBarthEide: http://t.co/h6ykD7W8Nj http://t.co/JyQj3ezcbt →, 1 hour ago
- RT @arieljrubin: How to communicate effectively? Rule 1: Wear a #toqi. Great to be in Dushanbe with @UNDP #Tajikistan colleagues http://t.co/vcpHrRMvag →, 2 hours ago
- RT @MariaNovkovic: .@arieljrubin making the case for Twitter, v @HelenClarkUNDP: Development is about stories #inno4dev #Tajikistan http://t.co/T3S5QoiALC →, 2 hours ago
- RT @UNDP: We see the difference #development aid makes to people’s lives every day. Let's finance it: http://t.co/qBm5rw2Cap http://t.co/uWkdtNVsfZ →, 4 hours ago