In Azerbaijan, especially in rural areas, there exists a very powerful term for women who don’t follow the rules: ‘pis giz’ – or bad girl. For an Azerbaijani woman, being called a pis giz is more than just a gender slur. It can mean the total loss of respect in her community, ineligibility for marriage,… Read more »
Posts Tagged: rural
Stay connected with us
- snabblån on No more “I can’t see the board!”: Modernizing lighting in Kazakhstan schools
- Ravi Verma on Kurash: Wrestling to eliminate violence against women?
- Jindriska on How can we save the Saiga?
- Chamalee Semasinghe on How can we save the Saiga?
- Jamie Te Awhina Emery on Social innovation labs: Game-changers in developing countries?
- RT @iomba: What's it like to work @UNDP? @UNDPEurasia intern @rachkohut spills the beans! http://t.co/wu5zlJoCjE http://t.co/NOzP0SVaz7 →, 11 hours ago
- RT @UNDP: Youth activists and election geeks come together to talk #twiplomacy @UNDPEurasia : http://t.co/3ulOIiGpOr #YouthDay http://t.co/h9ODndMUJu →, Aug 1
- RT @undp4youth: Congratulations to the 5 #YouthDay photo finalists! Vote for your favourite before 7 August: http://t.co/Y3MQcufuxE http://t.co/J9H7tfR2Xh →, Aug 1
- RT @FutureGov: Our partners at @UNDPArmenia & @KolbaLab have eight great tips for bringing #innovation to organisations: http://t.co/BkgKCOWXz7 →, Aug 1
- What will #Montenegro look like in 2030? @UN_Montenegro & @aloha_futures take a peak http://t.co/eShOtQ1S5J #inno4dev http://t.co/hrlUlslC19 →, Aug 1