In Azerbaijan, especially in rural areas, there exists a very powerful term for women who don’t follow the rules: ‘pis giz’ – or bad girl. For an Azerbaijani woman, being called a pis giz is more than just a gender slur. It can mean the total loss of respect in her community, ineligibility for marriage,… Read more »
Posts Tagged: gender inequality
Stay connected with us
- roknnagd on Big data and development organizations: What happens when you move from theory to practice?
- Lucio Valerio on A symbolic change: Time to rebrand justice?
- Ikem Charles Apache on Social innovation labs: Game-changers in developing countries?
- Sherif on Big data and development organizations: What happens when you move from theory to practice?
- elizabeth webb on A world without borders: Optimistic viewpoint or mission impossible?
- See @UNDP's #AnnualReport and find out why we're all about "transformation thru #innovation" http://t.co/y1WuX7U09i http://t.co/6LR82Uh8ZA →, 15 hours ago
- Hey #Europe, how you doing? Try this interactive infographic via @EU_Eurostat: http://t.co/zYDThimtRk cc: @UNDPEU http://t.co/7hvlzqxrIa →, 16 hours ago
- The challenge? "To lift all people in extreme #poverty out of it in a generation, and keep them out of it" @HelenClarkUNDP #OECDwk →, 16 hours ago
- RT @UNDP: BLOG: Sneakers that charge mobilephones, a #climateaction solution? http://t.co/3iBEKWTBvP @UNDPMK #WED2015 http://t.co/4Q3lOpE8MC →, 18 hours ago
- RT @free_equal: Ground-breaking UN report on #LGBT human rights just released. Check it out: http://t.co/rok25xTrrk http://t.co/y5rQSaxa8L →, 19 hours ago