In Azerbaijan, especially in rural areas, there exists a very powerful term for women who don’t follow the rules: ‘pis giz’ – or bad girl. For an Azerbaijani woman, being called a pis giz is more than just a gender slur. It can mean the total loss of respect in her community, ineligibility for marriage,… Read more »
Posts Tagged: gender inequality
Stay connected with us
- Anna Boelens on Working out loud: Making a storytelling shift in Kyrgyzstan
- Jayne Cravens on Can a mobile app help you be a responsible citizen?
- Jayne Cravens on Going green: Crowdsourcing in Georgia
- Jayne Cravens on Hackathon: Making the SHIFT in Belarus
- Marija Novkovic on Can a mobile app help you be a responsible citizen?
- RT @ReWorkJobs: It's almost time! Check out the storytelling event we're running in Kyrgystan: #inno4dev #KGsty @aboelens @undpkg http://t.co/WppDfqYFUV →, 42 mins ago
- RT @gatesfoundation: "The rising tide has to lift everybody. That means poor people have to be lifted up faster than everybody else" - @HelenClarkUNDP #2030Now →, 8 hours ago
- RT @UNDP: What are your experiences with #crowdfunding for dev? Share and learn more about ours - follow and #JOCrf for #inno4dev updates! →, 8 hours ago
- RT @mehmeterdoganIV: you can watch last night's #inno4dev panel with @HoFproject, @GamesforPeace , @PEACE_app & myself for @mahallae here http://t.co/K0BEsc9Brn →, 13 hours ago
- RT @ElaMi5: Check out how @undpeurasia is putting foresight to use #UNDP4Future http://t.co/s2zT8L1JrI ht @PopovskiVasko →, 14 hours ago