Here at UNDP we’re in the business of this all-encompassing yet often quite vague idea of ‘resilience’. For me what it boils down to is this: How well are the state and its citizens prepared to react to emergencies? And what can be done to help reduce the risks to human lives and their communities when… Read more »
Posts Tagged: DRR
Stay connected with us
- Mira Djangaracheva on Towards a sustainable future in Kyrgyzstan
- Begench Yazlyyev on Is most development work invisible?
- i on Mapping NGO based social services in Uzbekistan: the first step towards big changes
- Aquademica on European Equal Pay Day. Why should we care?
- M.Doli on Hacking for transparency in Pristina
- [Awesome infographic] Man-made #Disasters: The Weird, the Bad, and the Ugly: http://t.co/4lGAfSt4d6 →, 12 mins ago
- RT @vkmocker: Internship=boring?Not @nesta_uk.Help core projects,write blogs - leave copying & coffee to others.Apply by 1st Sept http://t.co/pUeTFbo4iw →, 33 mins ago
- Mind the Gap, Read the Blog: #Georgia takes a page from the #UK (and @nesta_uk, @FutureGov & @B_I_Tweets) http://t.co/im0MpxNvYN →, 1 hour ago
- RT @ElvaTeam: Big Data, Big Challenges. For Big-Data Scientists, ‘Janitor Work’ Is Key Hurdle to Insights http://t.co/E249lHfuU2 cc @c4innovation →, 17 hours ago
- See @UNAralSea completing two #electrifying new community projects: http://t.co/Ihm8G2sRHZ #GreenWednesday http://t.co/4l4bIWw8BV →, 17 hours ago