Here at UNDP we’re in the business of this all-encompassing yet often quite vague idea of ‘resilience’. For me what it boils down to is this: How well are the state and its citizens prepared to react to emergencies? And what can be done to help reduce the risks to human lives and their communities when… Read more »
Posts Tagged: DRR
Stay connected with us
- khalafalla on A review of Owen Barder’s talk on complexity and development
- Mira Djangaracheva on Towards a sustainable future in Kyrgyzstan
- Begench Yazlyyev on Is most development work invisible?
- i on Mapping NGO based social services in Uzbekistan: the first step towards big changes
- Aquademica on European Equal Pay Day. Why should we care?
- RT @alberto_cottica: Do "I paid a bribe" websites (just mentioned by @diritto2punto0 at #RENAschool ) make a difference? http://t.co/yotslYzDBW →, 9 hours ago
- RT @UNDPMK: "#Women have the knowledge & skills to adapt to #climatechange" http://t.co/WkHthdnfdV @UNDPEurasia @theGEF @EnvironmentMKD #EqualityMonday →, 12 hours ago
- Before #Belarus see where we and @edgeryders went looking for #futurespotters MT @Mayalately Riding the edge: http://t.co/CRRlehelU3 →, 16 hours ago
- RT @UNDP: In #Kyrgyzstan, access to water fosters peace where resource disputes trigger violence. http://t.co/lYu5zph415 #ResilienceSunday →, Sep 1
- RT @howtobuildup: Our website is now live http://t.co/GqBAnPrhiw Find out about our work supporting grassroots innovation in peacebuilding & civic engagement. →, Sep 1