Ms. Cihan Sultanoğlu (Turkey)
Assistant Administrator and Director of the Regional Bureau for Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (RBEC)
Cihan previously served as the Director of Human Resources in UNDP’s Bureau of Management. Prior to this, she served as:
- Deputy Assistant Administrator and Deputy Regional Director, RBEC (2007-2010);
- UN Resident Co-ordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in Belarus (2004-2007);
- UN Resident Co-ordinator and UNDP Resident Representative in Lithuania (2000-2005);
- Deputy Resident Representative in Morocco (1995-2000);
- Deputy to the Director of the Office of the Administrator (1993-1995);
- Recruitment Officer and later Staffing Specialist for Junior Professional Officers (JPO), Division of Personnel (1988-1993);
- Recruitment Officer, Division of Personnel, (1986-1988);
- Administrative Officer, UNDP Malawi (1982-1985);
- Administrative Trainee, New York and Bangkok, Thailand, UNDP (1981-1982);
- Research Assistant and Programme Director, Center for Sex Roles and Social Change, School of International Affairs, Columbia University, New York (1980-1981).
Ms. Sultanoğlu holds a Master’s Degree in International Affairs from the School of International Affairs (SIPA) at Columbia University as well as a BA in Economics from Barnard College at Columbia University, New York.